As a student at MVTTC, you will be required to observe the following set of bylaws that have been adopted to ensure conducive teaching and learning environment is maintained at all times.
- These rules and regulations are applicable to ALL student teachers at VTTC campus, whether on regular programmes or short course. They are also applicable to student teachers when in field trips, excursion, study tours or visit.
- VTTC is a community consisting of adult future vocational teachers leaders who are expected to observe among others, the under listed guidelines !rules and regulations in an effort to mold and enrich a high standard of community living.
- As part of VTTC community, they are specifically required to help to care for the center's equipment and facilities and set a high standard of MORAL BEHAVIOUR cleanliness, diligence, and orderliness.
Rules, Regulations, and Instructions
Attendance of Classes
Attendance at all classes and other scheduled tuition is COMPULSORY; failure to attend some of the periods will lead to discontinuation.
Equipment and Facilities
A student teacher will be held responsible for any breakage, loss etc of any tools, equipment, and facilities entrusted to him/her temporarily or for the whole course period; replacement of any loss or damage must be made immediately.
Smoking is strictly prohibited in the following areas: classrooms, library, office, workshop, dormitories and in the Dining hall. The disciplinary committee will give warning as per number 13.
Drunkenness is not allowed.
Quarrelling, fighting, and possession of dangerous weapons is strictly prohibited. Contravention will result in a written warning and where necessary criminal charges will be instituted against the culprit.
Out of Bound Areas:
The following places within the compound are out of bound unless specially permitted by the authority.
(i) Staff residential areas.
(ii) Dormitories: Different sexes are prohibited to enter the female or male dormitories at all times.
Permission to Leave Compound:After classes and other scheduled activities, student teachers may leave the compound but MUST return by 1O.OOpm. After signing in the off-campus, book student teachers may stay out overnight during weekends from Friday after lunchtime to Sunday at 1O.OOpm. All student teachers will be provided with identity cards. The costs of replacing lost /damaged identity card will be met by the student teachers.
- Visitors are not allowed into areas such as (classrooms, workshop, dormitories, and library) they can meet in the cafeteria or any located place.
- Visitors are not allowed into the campus after 6.00pm
- Student teachers are responsible for the cleaning of their rooms and corridors in their dormitory.
- Cello tape and other adhesives should not be used for sticking pictures and other materials on the wall. Violators will incur costs of reconditioning damaged areas.
- The warden/matron and Preventive Maintenance Team will inspect hostel surroundings and rooms from time to time.
- Student teachers are strictly prohibited to cook in their rooms.
- At all times student teachers are requested to avoid unnecessary noise (e.g. shouting, loud music etc.) and be considerate to studying fellow students and other residents.
All cases of illness must be reported to the warden/matron for information and possible action.
- All academic and social correspondence with other institutions MUST be channeled through the Principal.
- Student teachers are not allowed to use college telephones. In case of emergency, permission should be obtained from the appropriate authority.
All student teachers at all times are expected to be decently dressed. Overalls, sandals, and sportswear are not allowed into the dining hall, classrooms and library.
Contravention of college rules, regulations and misbehaviors may lead to the written warning, suspension or termination of studies.
Note: Any amendments of these bylaws will be notified by a special announcement, and an up to date version will always be available on the College website. Please ensure that you read the College regulation for information on such issues as (but not limited to) freedom of expression, harassment, drugs, alcohol disciplinary procedures, etc.